The Taxes and Levies (Approved List for Collection) Act 1998 recognizes the powers of Ogun State Government to administer and collect the underlisted revenue items:
TAXES AND LEVIES COLLECTIBLE BY OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT:
1. Personal Income Tax in respect of –
(a) Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE); and
(b) Direct Taxation (Self-assessment)
2. Withholding Tax (individuals only)
3. Capital Gains Tax (individuals only)
4. Stamp Duties on Instruments Executed by individuals.
5. Pools Betting and Lotteries, Gaming and Casino Taxes.
6. Road Taxes.
7. Business Premises Registration Fee in Respect of –
(a) Urban Areas as defined by each State, maximum of –
(i) N10,000 for registration; and
(ii) N5,000 per annum for renewal of registration; and
(b) Rural Areas –
(i) N2,000 for registration; and
(ii) N1,000 per annum for renewal of registration
8. Development Levy (individuals only) not more than N100 per annum on all taxable individuals.
9. Naming of Street Registration Fees in the State Capital.
10. Right of Occupancy Fees on Lands owned by the State Government in Urban Areas of the State.
11. Market Taxes and Levies where State Finance is involved.
12. Land use charge,
13. Hotel, Restaurant or Event Center Consumption Tax,
14. Entertainment Tax,
15. Environmental (Ecological) Fee or Levy;
16. Mining, Milling and Quarrying Fee,
17. Animal Trade Tax,
18. Produce Sales Tax,
19. Slaughter or Abattoir Fees, where State Finance is involved;
20. Infrastructure Maintenance Charge or Levy,
21. Fire Service Charge;
22. Property Tax,
23. Economic Development Levy,
24. Social Services Contribution Levy,
25. Signages and Mobile Advertisement, jointly collected by States and Local Government.
PERSONAL INCOME TAX
Personal Income Tax is tax that is levied on the income of individuals who are either in employment or are engaged in their own business. The Tax encompasses both PAYE and Direct Assessment.
Pay As You Earn (PAYE) is a provision under the Personal Income Tax Act, 2004 (as amended) and it is the taxation of income of individuals derived from employment. This income includes salaries, wages, bonuses, allowances and benefits in kind.
Direct Assessment is an Income Tax which is imposed on self employed persons e.g. Directors, Accountants, Traders, Hair Dressers, Carpenters, Lawyers, Mechanics, Vulcanizers, Artisans etc.
These are taxes paid on contract awarded by establishments; It can also be defined as a government requirement for the payer of an item of income to withhold or deduct tax from the payment, and pay that tax to the government.
|SN||WHT ITEM||PERCENTAGE||DEPENDENT VARIABLE|
|1||WHT on Rent||10%||Value of Rent|
|2||WHT on Interest and Deposit||10%||Interest|
|3||WHT on Dividend||10%||Value of Dividend|
|4||WHT on Consultancy||5%||Value of Consultancy|
|5||WHT on Agency and Contract||5%||Value of Contract|
|6||WHT on Construction||5%||Value of Construction|
|7||WHT on Management Service||5%||Value of Service|
|8||WHT on Commission||5%||Value of Commission|
|9||WHT on Royalty||5%||Value of Royalty|
|10||WHT on Director’s Fee||10||Value of Fee|
Stamp Duties Tax is backed by the Stamp Duties Act, Cap. 441 LFN, 1990. The tax provides for the levying of stamp duties on certain matters. The power to collect Stamp Duties by the State Tax Authority is enshrined in Section 4(2) where the State is given the power to collect the duties in respect of instruments executed between persons or individuals at such rates to be imposed or charged as may be agreed with the Federal Government.
- 3% discounted of the consideration in the Document i.e amount stated in the document
- However, re-assessment may be done taking into consideration the current market value of the property. (make room for Best of Judgement BOJ)
CAPITAL GAINS TAX
Capital Gains Tax is backed by the Capital Gains Tax Act, Cap. 354, LFN 1990. It is the taxation of capital gains accruing on the disposal of assets by an individual.
- 10% of the gain from the sales of a fixed asset
LAND USE CHARGE
The Land Use Charge Tax is backed by The Land Use Charge Law (2012) which was introduced to consolidate all land based charges under one single charge for ease of administration and collection.
The Land Use Charge incorporates the Ground Rent which is provided for under the Land Use Act; Tenement Rate which is provided for under the Local Government Law; and the Property Tax which is provided for under the Land Use Charge Law.
- As determined by Ministry of Housing and Ministry of Land and Survey.
This Tax is backed by the “Hotels and Event Centres Occupancy and Restaurant Consumption Law (2011),” and is targeted at the hospitality industry to ensure that patrons of such outfits pay to Government a minimum tax of 5% of the total bill of the item or service consumed at these facilities.
- 5% on Contract sum.
POOLS BETTING/ LOTTERIES AND CASINOS
See attached Rules and Regulations guiding its operation in Ogun State. (Hard Copy Provided)
|COST OF VEHICLE REGISTRATION IN OGUN STATE|
|VEHICLE TYPE||REVALIDATION/ REPLACEMENT||NUMBER PLATE||REGISTRATION GMR||HAND BOOK||P.O.C||VEHICLE LICENSE||TESTING FORM||HACKNEY STAGE CARRIAGE||TOTAL|
|2||VEHICLES BELOW 1.6CC WITH STD PLATE||10,000.00||12,500.00||3,125.00||1,250.00||300.00||1,875.00||1,250.00||1,300.00||20,300.00|
|3||VEHICLES BTW 1.6 – 2.0cc WITH STD PLATE||10,000.00||12,500.00||3,125.00||1,250.00||300.00||2,500.00||1,250.00||1,300.00||20,925.00|
|4||VEHICLES 2.1 – 3.0cc WITH STD PLATE||10,000.00||12,500.00||3,125.00||1,250.00||300.00||3,125.00||1,250.00||2,000.00||21,550.00|
|5||VEHICLES ABOVE 3.0cc||10,000.00||12,500.00||3,125.00||1,250.00||300.00||3,125.00||1,250.00||2,000.00||21,550.00|
|10||PICK UP VAN||10,000.00||12,500.00||3,125.00||1,250.00||300.00||3,125.00||1,250.00||2,000.00||23,550.00|
|11||BUSES (BIG) E.G COASTAL, (LUXURIOUS)||10,000.00||12,500.00||6,250.00||1,250.00||300.00||6,250.00||3,750.00||3,200.00||33,500.00|
|12||TIPPERS AND LORRIES||10,000.00||12,500.00||6,250.00||1,250.00||300.00||6,250.00||3,750.00||3,200.00||33,500.00|
|14||16 TYRES TRAILER (ARTICULATED N/PLATE)||17,500.00||20,000.00||6,250.00||1,250.00||300.00||8,750.00||3,750.00||3,800.00||44,100.00|
|15||TRACTORS AND BULLDOZER||17,500.00||20,000.00||6,250.00||1,250.00||300.00||8,750.00||3,750.00||3,800.00||44,100.00|